Sunday, May 5, 2013

Roll 'em Up


In my line of work, there are plenty of projects that require a bit of good old fashioned elbow grease.  Last week, one of the attorneys referred to such a project as "arts and crafts," but it's not quite as cute as it sounds.  Juggling hundreds of pages of documents on a deadline necessitates a smooth operating environment, and my preference for a long sleeve dress shirt & tie occasionally risk unwanted interference.  Roughly 50% of my work involves tasks that require physical exertion, organization, or review of some nature.  As with most any wardrobe choice, I find myself in search of a balance between style and practicality.

At first, I rolled them when I was handling a "rush" project or when the weather was warm.  But now, even when I'm not under pressure, I roll them up as a subtle fashion statement.  It downplays the formality of the tie and confirms (if there was any doubt) that I came ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment