Friday, June 14, 2013

Reaching Its Peak


Last week I sorted through my closet to clean out old or badly-fitting clothes.  You know, the kind of relics that I wore in high school (or even earlier).  There were some ghastly solid colored dress shirts that I wouldn't dream of slipping into now and I could find no alternate use for them either - save one.  It was a multi-blue striped shirt that I had been rather fond of until it started to fray and a few collar stains simply refused to abate.

It occurred to me that I might cut a pocket square from the retired shirt, and I did just that.  Because it's cotton, I'll have to be extra careful to be sure that it coordinates well with the material and texture of the jacket it adorns.  Warm weather and more casual occasions may prove an ideal adaptation for its employment.  And although it's unlikely that anyone will pass close enough to notice the detailing, if they do, perhaps the hand stitching will suggest a very well tailored appearance.  That would always be a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment